We are delighted to announce that two entities serving the region for the past 40 years have joined forces. Ronald McDonald House Houston and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Houston/Galveston have officially merged to form Ronald McDonald House Charities Greater Houston. This marks a significant milestone in our mission to support families with seriously ill children throughout Greater Houston.
Uniting as one organization enables us to pool our combined talents, resources, and community support to increase our capacity and efficiency. It also expands essential programs to reach even more families in need. We’ve always supported families that come to the Texas Medical Center from all over the state, the nation, and the world, but with this merger, we can expand our services into previously underserved areas like The Woodlands, Katy, Sugar Land, Kingwood, and beyond.
RMHC Greater Houston will oversee the following programs:
- Ronald McDonald House on Holcombe, the flagship location with 70 bedrooms, the JoyFULL Eats meal service, hundreds of family activities throughout the year, a social work program, daily shuttle services, and more.
- Ronald McDonald House inside Texas Children’s Hospital with 19 bedrooms and 10 family lounges that serve families with children in Neonatal, Pediatric, and Cardiovascular Intensive Care
- Ronald McDonald House inside Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital with 20 bedrooms and 4 lounges inside Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital.
- 1Ronald McDonald House inside MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital with 2 bedrooms and a family lounge inside MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital.
- The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile and grants provided for programs like the Behavioral Health Mobile, Ronald McDonald Hospitality Carts, and Ronald McDonald CHEER rooms.
We are so thankful to all of our dedicated donors, volunteers, and the Greater Houston community. Your support has been the driving force behind our ability to reach this milestone, and we assure you that all donations made to RMHC Greater Houston will stay right here, benefitting families in need. And thanks to our continued partnership with the Greater Houston McDonald’s owner/operators, it will be easier than ever to support local RMHC Greater Houston programs when you “round up.”
RMHC Greater Houston has many great things in store, and we invite you to follow along through our newsletter, blog and social media for updates, stories of impact, and opportunities for you to join us in our mission to serve even more families than ever.